Increasingly, I find myself writing about the new technologies — not just digital photography and digital-imaging systems, as logical extensions of my work as a photo critic and historian, but a considerably wider range of hardware, software, and related issues. Here are links to some of those pieces.
Mac Edition Radio, produced and edited by Harris Fogel, started as a radio show (on which I appeared,) but has moved online. While its core addresses Apple-specific matters, it ranges much more broadly. Harris invited me to contribute articles that could fall into the category of product reviews. I don’t think of myself as a tech writer (though clearly I’ve achieved a certain level of geekhood). But consider the evidence . . .
- “The Compleat Writer: The MacBook Pro DIY Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Hard Drive/RAM Upgrade, Part 2.” (August 7, 2011.)
- “The Compleat Writer: The MacBook Pro DIY Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Hard Drive/RAM Upgrade, Part 1.” (May 16, 2011.)
- “Review – Word for Mac 2011: Both Thumbs Up, Part 2.” (November 27, 2010.)
- “Review – Word for Mac 2011: Both Thumbs Up, Part 1.” (November 7, 2010.)
- “The Compleat Writer: Backing It Up, Part 1.” (September 10, 2010.)
- “AppleCare, the Apple Store, ioSafe Solo, and Time Machine Have My Back.” (July 2, 2010)
- “Treating Word 2008 for Mac OS X Like You Own It: A Working Writer Streamlines the New Release.” (June 22, 2008)
- “FileMaker Pro 9 and an Open-Source Freeware Solution Make a Perfect Match for a Professional Writer!” (February 4, 2008)